CFD Helps to Understand the Aerodynamics of the New concept & Helps in Reducing the Design Cycle
Client: The customer is a very large fan design and manufacturer based in Germany.
Technology/Software Used: ANSYS FLUENT v14.0
Business Requirements / Challenges:
- Providing a solution to automotive component design is one of the most critical requirements due to the high severity level of the domain.
- Due to high competition in the market, the customer satisfaction expectations are always high in terms of delivery which in turn demands for shorter design cycles.
- With these expectations, it becomes essential to focus on designs which can be readily used with fewer number of prototype testing.
Solution: To come up with desired pressure rise across the fan design, reasonable number of iterations with various design changes to be tested using CFD.
- The first and foremost benefit was cost reduction in design phases of the product development.
- Validation of experimental results with CFD.
Hi-Tech CFD is a division of Hi-Tech Outsourcing Services, a pioneer engineering outsourcing company since 1992 based in India & USA. It provides expert Computer Aided Engineering - CAE consulting services for engineering / product design analysis by modeling & simulation.
The primary services extended include Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Finite Element Analysis (FEA), product design optimization and value engineering services to Automotive, Building / Construction, Process industry, Power Generation, Manufacturing & Heavy Engineering industries.